Wow! An award!
No doubt appreciation is always welcome anytime, anywhere and when it is by your peers, it takes a special meaning altogether.
First of all thank you Phoenix Tears Healed http://writtenonpavements.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for this sweet award given by the blogging community mainly to the new bloggers to welcome them.
This is the award
I have to list 11 random facts about myself, so here goes….
1. I am a Virgo because of which I am a perfectionist and critical a trying combo.
2. I love reading, music, cooking and movies.
3. I am an owlie…. “me time” is followed by bedtime.. and my “Me Time ” starts at 12 am!
4. I am very emotional – I enjoy mushy love songs in Hindi and English..
5. I am a Gynecologist and love my work – it keeps me motivated and fulfilled
6. I believe love is underrated – it’s a powerful emotion and the biggest motivator for everything, good and bad .
7. I enjoy sweets in all forms frozen desserts / chocolates / Indian sweets no bar.
8. I have a lovely family – my hubby and my 2 kids who adore me more than I deserve.
10. I enjoy cooking and trying out new dishes – not the mundane day-to-day cooking..
11. I have bouts of low self-esteem.
Phoenix Tears Healed has asked a single question what makes me happy?
I enjoy making people happy. Nothing makes me happier. I am not always successful at it, but it is not for want of trying. I love small things in life . I recently did an exercise on how to find happiness in each day. Everyday may not be good but every day has some good in it. I also blogged on the exercise here https://ripplesnreflectiontimes.wordpress.com/2014/07/07/100happydays/
Besides all this a good day at work makes me happy. All achievements of my kids, big and small, brings me untold happiness.
A few of my favorite things:
- The sights and sounds of nature
- Curling up with a lovely book
- Watching a romantic movie
- Reading a book at one go
- My favorite music playing on my music system
- A road trip with my family
- Giggling over a childhood memory with my sisters
- Taking a walk down memory lane with a special friend
I have to ask questions of all the bloggers I am going to nominate for the award. So here goes….
1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your favorite time for writing?
3. Do you like social media? Which is your favorite?
4. Do you like reading? What would you pick as your favorite author or book?
5. Do you like to day-dream?
6. Do you love pets? Do you have one? Did you have one?
7. Do you believe marriage is necessary?
8. Where do you live?
9. Do you like to travel?
10. Do you like poetry?
11. What is your favorite cuisine?
My nominations for the Leibster award are:
Happy blogging, Folks…